Monday, June 30, 2008

A Focused Day..

There is something wonderful about a focused day.  My Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays start pretty early and end fairly late but today, I finally got it together.


1. Boot Camp: We started a new class today.  July is a very slow month for us but with the 4th falling on a Friday ALOT of people have taken this week off.  August should be nuts. I hit all the locations and checked on all my children (also known as my trainers).

2. Workouts: Ok...pity party is over.  The Baldwin Park Tri SUCKED for me.  Build a bridge and get over it.  I did 1.5 hours on the bike and a 30 minute run today.  I got it all in and , damn it, Im determined.

3. Nutrition:  Finally! No junk food.  No snacking.  No garbage in my face.  Good nutrition before and after the workouts plus, my friend Karen made us dinner of Tilapia, brown rice and green beans.  Doesn't get any better than that.  I cut the diet coke consumption down to 3 (for my friends that know me, they might fall over dead at this news).  By the way, I should put that on my Ironman form.  If they find me on the side of the road, administer Diet Coke by IV and Ill be fine.

4. House Clean Up: Got the 14,000 bike bottles clean that have been in my sink for WAY TOO LONG. 

This was a focused day.  Now, If I can put together 17 weeks of these, Im going to be an Ironman!!!  It takes screwing up for me to see the light.  God has a plan.  He threw down a road block so I could see where the work needs to be done.  Far be it from me to not accomplish that work.  

No comments: