Tuesday, January 6, 2009

God Works in Mysterious Ways

So here I am....New Year...New Journey to Ironman...and I am standing in my kitchen preparing dinner on a Monday night. Its just me...hubby is out flying and have the TV switched on to the Dr. Phil Show.

Suddenly, I HEAR Dr. Phil say: Missey...you gotta change you life!!!

GASP!!!

If this isn't totally weird and insanely ironic...They were doing a New Year's Resolution Show. A woman on his show had made the resolution to lose 30lbs. Her name?? Yup!! You guessed it: Missey.

I almost pasted out laughing. Whether you are religious or not, you must find humor in what a Higher Power can slap on your table in a moment's notice. I know for a fact that I am not going to get my Ironman dream unless I do two things:

1. Train hard and smart.

2. Lose at least 30 pounds.

As Dr. Phil talked to "Missey"...I just sat in awe. I took in all his advice. I listened to every word, just like I was the Missey to which he was speaking. The big guy is trying to get my attention. I taped the show. I figure you can get inspiration from many sources...

God works in mysterious ways....

No comments: