Sunday, March 2, 2008

The person who said Florida is Flat hasn't been to Clermont

Ahhh..Clermont. The former mecca of the Citrus world has now become the place where cyclist and triathletes in Central Florida get their weekly (or daily) dose of hill climbing. It has now become the place where I bitch, moan and whine the most!!! Saturday morning consisted of a 2 1/2 hour bike workout around Lake Minneola and up into the Cherry Lake Subdivision. Hector, my coach, does group rides with the Central Florida Tri Club (he is the founder and director) and I was invited to join the group.


Well...I tried...and died!!!



It is quite humbling to be the slowest one in the bunch, but I was determined. With all my focus, I climbed those *&^%$# hills cursing my trainer with every pedal stroke. It was a damn good workout...and one that showed me that I have to continue to be consistent and get all my training in. I will probably never be fast but I WILL be consistent and I WILL make the 17 hour cutoff.


I watched a very moving video tonight. It was a video of a gentleman who is dying from cancer with his persepective about life and living it to the fullest. I urge you to view this if you have not seen it yet. This video really put alot of things in perspective for me. I hope it will touch you as well:



http://video.stumbleupon.com/

Please comment and let me know what you think of the video AND..if you have any comments on those glorious hills in Clermontland (Im going to call it "Pain Land" from now on) ... please feel free to opine.


No comments: