Thursday, April 2, 2009

Become Part of THE ARMY



I was poking around Facebook and came across this video. Although I am no longer part of the LiveStrong Challenge, most of my friends know that this is where my heart is...I am a warrior against Cancer. Cancer is a cowardly disease that took my grandfather, threatened the life of my father and ended the life of my 8 year old Godson.

I use to be embarrassed to ask people for money for this cause, but Cancer has just destroyed too many lives. We HAVE to find a cure. Right now, I am part of the Janus Charity Challenge through Ironman North America. This Challenge is for Ironman Triathletes who want to raise money for their charity while training for the most difficult endurance event of their lives. I have made a huge goal of raising 25,000.00 before November to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Every donor at my site will be listed on the jersey I wear at Ironman Florida 2009: 2.4 miles of swimming, 112 miles of biking and 26.2 miles of running: all for two goals...two dreams...to end this disease...and to be called an Ironman.

I am asking anyone who reads my blog to follow the link below and donate anything you can for Cancer Research. I believe that if we find a cure for blood cancers, we WILL find a cure for ALL CANCER. Whatever you can donate, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!! Let's all join the fight...Let's all help save the lives of our friends, neighbors and families. 2

THE LINK TO MY CAUSE:

http://januscharitychallenge.kintera.org/fl09/mdaly

Thanks!!!

No comments: