Saturday, April 18, 2009

Please meet A.J....one of the reason I do what I do...


So tonight, I enjoyed the company of several of my friends and teammates at a spaghetti dinner to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. There was great food, a silent auction, some interesting entertainment and a great time was had by all as we raised a little more money to find a cure.

The star of the show in my eyes, however, was A.J. This 2 1/2 year old bundle of energy touched my heart and reminded me of why I do what I do. At 13 months, A.J. was a very sick little boy as his parents were informed that he had Leukemia. Hope (who is part of my triathlon team and will be running Tri Miami in 2 weeks) and Blake were devistated but they have fought along with their son to get him well. I am happy to report that A.J. is currently in remission and was running around the event like a little 2 1/2 year old should!! My heart filled with joy watching this little guy just be a little boy!!

I came to this event absolutely exhausted (as you can tell from the photo). After three long workouts within the last 48 hours which included 20 flights of stair running (thank you Hector), I was pretty whipped. I MADE myself go ... because I know how important finding a cure is to so many families across the world.

So for those like A.J. who are winning the battle with Leukemia...and for those like my 8 year old godson Christian...who lost the battle , please help me in my quest to raise $25,000.00 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society by November 1st. Any donation of any denomination would be greatly appreciated!! The link is below to my fundraising website and, in advance, I want to thank you for helping me help them!!

http://januscharitychallenge.kintera.org/fl09/mdaly

No comments: