Saturday, May 23, 2009

Proud of the Graduates






Ok ok ok...I know...my blog is suppose to be about my journey to Ironman...but please allow the "old crazy aunt" to have her moment of pride!! Today, my niece and nephew graduated from High School with distinction!! Palmer Yergey received the James Higgenbotham Award given to the graduating senior that best displays and lives the principles taught by their Christian based school. Interesting tidbit...i won this award on my graduation day from the same school oh so many years ago!!

My niece, Louise Yergey, graduated with National Society Honors!! thats a GPA of 3.7 or higher but trust me, her grades were near perfect.

Both are headed to college (Louise to the University of Florida..Palmer Jr. to Auburn University) and both have amazing aspirations for the future. I definitely played the role of proud crazy aunt today!! Good Job Guys!!

3 comments:

RBR said...

Yay to the graduates AND their crazy old aunt! ;o)

Big Geek said...

Hehehehe... Crazy?!?! That"s all you admit to? You and I both know there is more... Much more.

Muahahahaha...

Big Geek said...

You never cease to amaze...