Wednesday, May 27, 2009

164 Days...and counting

My Google Main Page is pretty amazing. You can track anything and everything from that one central place....news, weather, sports...and for me....a counter to count the days until Ironman.

164 to be exact.

For some reason, I logged on this morning, saw that number and I could feel the panic starting to rise. 164 days. Now Im not one of those numbers people who would break it down to hours until the start of Ironman Florida but this realization of time flying by has gotten to me a little.

For the most part, I have focused on each day. Each day has a specific workout that must be accomplished. I can make it through any 24 hour period. So I look at my Training Peaks, where my trainer puts my workouts and tell myself: you just have to finish today's work.

Wednesdays are tough. Boot Camp from 5am to 9am, breakfast, time with my husband then I leave for Disney at 1030a. I work from 1130a to 830pm. Its kinda hard to fit a workout in there without sacrificing time with my husband. As we increase hours and miles in the coming months, my husband understands that I will have to use that time for a workout. For now, however, I have to find some balance.

My run has improved slightly. After yesterday, I felt a noticeable improvement in my endurance. I think my speed still sucks but that will not really improve until my weight decreases.

Speaking of weight, down another 2 pounds. This is painfully slow..but at least it is going in the right direction.

So today's 1.5 hour run will probably get moved to another day. I can't be up at the crack of dawn, work underwater for several hours and still do this run without feeling like someone ran over me with a bus!!!

3 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

Yay on the 2 pounds and Yay on the consistency and balance with the workouts. My first half iron is the same day so I see that tracker and try not to freak out too. Keep up the good work!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

We are getting close, aren't we?? Even though it is 5 months away, I too am getting excited.

My wife ended up having major sinus surgery to cure her night time breathing issues (snoring can be one of the indicators). She (I) also found that Breath Right (sp?) worked in opening up the passage ways and toned down the snoring prior to having the surgery. If your hubby doesn't use them, you might give it a whirl. You might sleep better.

Sarah said...

I know you can do this. You can. You make a choice every single day to get up and do this and it will get you to Ironman. I'm working it hard every single day knowing that you are too. My goal might be a little different, but let's do it together girlfriend!