Sunday, September 14, 2008

50 years of marriage...and one amazing party


Well..my husband and I hosted and survived the celebration of his parent's 50th wedding anniversary.  We have been planning this event for over a year and I am happy to report it was an incredible success.  Steve's parents renewed their vows during an afternoon mass in Milton MA and celebrated with 120 of their closest friends and family with a beautiful dinner at their favorite restaurant in Quincy MA.  They even cut an exquisite anniversary cake and danced to an Irish music band.  For my husband, it was a return to his hometown and his roots.  For me, it was quite emotional seeing my extended family and understanding just how important these ties are in my world.


My parents are only children.  I have no aunts, uncles and very very few distant cousins.  When I married into the Daly family, I got a boatload of family and I LOVE IT.  They can be handful at times but in the big picture, they are a blessing.


So, how does this relate to Ironman training.  Well, consider 50 years of marriage the ultimate endurance event!! This is my last major obligation before Ironman Florida.  Monday morning is back to business!!!

No comments: