Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Stevie is OK...at home and doing well!


Im absolutely relieved to report that my hubby is at home and resting well.  His Heart Cath showed no signs of problems and his arteries are clear.  What this means is that we must go and have his stomach and Lap Band checked for any damage going on there.  For those of you who don't know, a Lap Band is a band they put around the stomach to restrict the amount of food you are able to consume.  My hubby has lost 70 lbs since he had his put in and loves it but is still experiencing pain in his chest, shoulder and jaw.  We have an appointment next week!!


I believe that God gives us perspective adjustments in life so that we will fully appreciate the blessings that have been bestowed onto us in our world.  I have been TOTALLY FOCUSED on this race and making it across the line.  When you get tunnel vision, sometimes we lose sight of the other things in our lives that make our world so incredibly rich.  My husband has been so patient with my Ironman obsession.  I learned this week never to take his love, his health and his presence in my life for granted.  I am blessed beyond measure....whether I finish an Ironman or not!.

No comments: