Monday, September 8, 2008

Perspective can change in the matter of a second

....And suddenly your entire perspective can change from Ironman to a Real Life Drama...

This morning, my husband of 23 years walked into the kitchen where I was fixing coffee.  I turned around to find his face covered in sweat...his eyes bloodshot..and his face an ash grey...

"Honey...I think Im going to ruin your day" he said.  I looked at him and was startled.  He then told me he was having chest pain and that he might be having a heart attack.  He thought it would be best to load him up and take him to the ER that is less than 2 miles from our home.

The first thing I did was reach into the cabinet and give him a Bayer Aspirin and water.  I got him dressed in loose fitting clothes and got him to the ER.  I just got home and my husband is having a heart catheterization tomorrow at 1pm.  The staff finally kicked me out of his room at 1000pm.

This one moment in time has changed my whole perspective on life.  That Ironman I thought was so important just doesn't seem so important at the moment. Ill keep you posted!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Heck - I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he makes a speedy recovery!!!! My thoughts are with you both.

Elizabeth said...

Steve is fine!!!! Yeah! The amazing power of prayer. I love you girl. I am so glad everything is ok with Steve.

Beth