Sunday, October 19, 2008

And visions of the finish line danced in my head..


....You would think it was Christmas...

Its 1220AM and I can't sleep.  Not so horrible, right? WRONG!  I have to be up at 500am to work at Boot Camp at 600AM.  So much for getting a lot of rest prior to my Ironman.

Every time I close my eyes, I am on the course.  I can tell you every gas station on the bike course.  I can tell you where the crappy road paving is at around mile 80 to 95.  I can see transition in my head and ...DEAR GOD...I don't even want to think about the swim start.  That just makes me shiver inside.

Sleep!! I need sleep!!  But that finish line...thats ALL I think about.  Thats my Christmas gift EARLY!!  

Dear Santa...Ive been a very good triathlete this year....

3 comments:

The Traveling Yogi said...

Just got caught up from your weekend postings. Congrats on getting that 20 miler in!!!! And now, try to enjoy the much needed taper. As I'm sure you know from previous races, your mind will have strange thoughts during taper, but you've done the training. And it sounds like you are VERY familiar with the course. I can't wait to follow you on race day and hopefully be in front of the computer to watch you cross that finish line.

Anonymous said...

Oh that sounds familiar, but amazingly I had the best sleep the night before the race! Not sure how, but I think you just give in eventually. There is nothing more you can do to be more prepared than you are now - race day is just when it all comes out of the bank!!!! Knowing the course like you do makes it that much easier to succeed.

I'm so excited for you!!!

Sarah said...

I'm so excited for you, it's going to be here before you know it. I am thrilled to be able to follow you on race day!! Don't let taper drive you too crazy!