Thursday, October 23, 2008

Final workout with Hector before Ironman

As I arrived at my last workout with my trainer, Hector, I was kinda sad.  This has been a journey and routine that I have followed since last December.  I got into his training studio and he put me on the swim table for 30 minutes.  He played some very relaxing music and it was hard to stay focused on a hard stroke with this soothing music playing in the background. After 30 minutes, he had me lay down on the exercise mat and do some visualization of the race.


We went through each phase...the start, the "washing machine", the second lap of the swim, the run up the beach, transition, onto the bike, special needs, transition 2, the run...and of course..the finish line.


The finish line..the promise land....that glorious place where dreams are realized.  Right now, it seems so difficult to reach.  Its alot closer than last year.  I stood on the beach and watched my friend start his first Ironman and cried.  I was suppose to be in that water starting with him.  It was so hard to watch him go...

Not this year.  This IS my year.  This IS my victory lap.  All the workout deposits to the bank get withdrawn on THIS day.  Please God, let me have saved my pennies well and have enough ability to make it through.

I got some interesting news today that I am too embarrassed to even announce on my blog.  Don't panic.  Im not pregnant.  Im not leaving my husband for Prince William and NO..I didn't win the lottery...but for me...its just as big. When I get the guts..Ill write about it...

Watch this space for more...soon....

2 comments:

DLDancer said...

I am so proud of you and everything you have accomplished. I know what you're talking about that you're too embarassed to say. Don't be. Be proud and shout it out to the world! You deserve it!!!

Lani said...

You leave me (us) hanging??? Like it's not bad enough that I have to wait until my plane lands on Saturday night to find out how you made out? Now there's more big news?! Can't wait...(I'm not good at waiting)

You will have an awesome day and do an awesome job. You've saved enough pennies, nickels, quarters, etc. but just in case, remember there is almost always spare change laying in the road for you to pick up. Don't hesitate to take loan from someone else if they offer it on your big day.