Sunday, December 21, 2008

Courage..




"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway...."
-John Wayne


I was walking out of a store today (finishing the last of my Christmas Shopping) and had my mind on the upcoming races of the year. I am terrified about doing the Half Marathon at Disney in January (I haven't been training but I just wanna give this a shot) and as I walked out the door...there was that quote..on the back of a guy's pickup truck. It struck me so that I just stood there and read it over three times.

Have you ever thought that the big guy upstairs was trying to get your attention? Today, I felt like I got a good slap in the tush to remind me that anything is possible if you believe. Just gotta keep believing, keep dreaming and keep training!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

1 comment:

The Traveling Yogi said...

That is a great quote. And congrats on the fast lane added to your pool. We don't have a pool (yet), but I've told my husband I want a fast lane when we get one. It will make swimming MUCH more convenient.