Friday, December 12, 2008

That one little line...

DALY MELISSA 46 F AGE W45-49 ORLANDO FL USA DIVEMASTER

In a sea of other entries, there is my name. I am entered for Ironman Florida 2009.

Its true!! I got up at 400am on November 2nd, 2008 and waited in line with my friends to sign up for Ironman Florida. Upon entering the registration tent, the kind people from North America Sports told me I didn't have to wait in line. I had an automatic entry into the race of my choice for next year since I was the Ford Everyday Hero. Im glad I got up and waited in line with Beth, Hector and Rick and enjoyed that special moment with them...and I left the tent without registering.

The participant list came out a few weeks later..and my name was not on the list!! GASP!! Should I have signed up?? Did I screw up and they gave me the wrong information.? I wrote to North American Sports and asked. They sent me a registration form which I immediately filled out and sent back. That was Monday. Today, my name is on the list!!! WHEW!! Its good to be in the group!!

Ahhhh now the fun begins!!! Bring on the 6 hour bike rides, open water Lucky's Lake Swims and 15 mile runs!! Well...not yet...maybe on January 1???

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Melissa - My name is on that list too. I watched IM FL '08 online and read about you and cheered for you and was sad you didn't get to become an Ironman last month. But now we get to do it at the same race. It's going to be awesome.

Trigirlorlando said...

Kendra..thank you for your kinda words. I wish I could comment on your blog..but it is listed as private. I look forward to communicating with you prior to Nov. Happy Training!!!