Monday, August 31, 2009

Life is a Highway



Well..actually...for me yesterday, it was a brand new, smooth, paved CLOSED 5 mile section of highway that was perfect for 10 mile loops!! Welcome to what I have now called "The Power Loop"...a section of highway not yet connected near the Stanton Power Plant in Avalon Park in Orlando. I had a shorter ride to do yesterday (just 30 miles) but some of it was a time trail test. This section of highway was PERFECT for this ride!!

And, for a change, I didn't have to workout alone. Along for the ride were Ryan, Kate, Coach Beth, and Carolyn-all Team in Training participants or alumni who are training for various events. Carolyn is doing a century ride in October. Kate and Ryan are doing Augusta 70.3 and Beth is doing the 70.3 and Ironman Florida. (you will find the blogs noted on my blog page).

It was so nice to have someone to chat with and, in some cases, CHASE during this ride. No traffic, no congestion...just open road and the sunrise. Some people don't realize how inspiring they can be with a kind word or just riding with you through the miles. It was a short but wonderful experience

I am preparing to leave tomorrow (Tuesday) for Panama City but this was a fun workout and watch out world, these athletes are WELL prepared for their challenges ahead!!

More from Panama City when I arrive tomorrow....and Oh yeah..GO TEAM!!!

1 comment:

ShirleyPerly said...

It's been a while since I've ridden down near Avalon Park but I don't live far from it and know where the power plant is. Can you please tell me how to get to this new road? It sounds great!