Friday, November 14, 2008

Garage Sale for a Cause..

After a year of training, I PROMISED that I would get back to a little fundraising in the off season.  So, this week, I cleaned out that storage space where so much of my garage sale treasures have been tucked away and got it organized for the Sale of the Century with great help from my friends Rick and Debbie.  Beth and Vi will be here tomorrow to help with the Saturday crowd. (Once again many thanks to my incredible friends). 

It amazes me what some people will do for a deal.  It also amazes me that when you tell someone the proceeds are going to find a cure for Leukemia, they dig a little deeper and give a dollar or two more...even in the hardest of times.

So, if you are one of those that just can't pass up a good deal and you happen to be in the Orlando area, come on by, grab a bargain, and drop a quarter in the "Christian Stafford Jar" Friday or Saturday from 8am to 1pm.  Every time I hear the coins hit the glass, it makes me think that angels are smiling and one particular angel is watching over all we do in Team in Training/Leukemia Society Purple and Green :)


1 comment:

SueTris said...

hope the sale went well :) Thats TOO MANY RACES!!!!! Have you heard of this little thing called RECOVERY????